Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
We offer IRAs to help you build a solid financial retirement. Choose from Traditional IRA's, as well as Roth IRA's, depending on your needs. For assistance on which type of IRA may be best for you, we recommend you contact a tax professional. Of course, we’re available to answer your questions and help you with opening an account.
With a Traditional IRA you can make deposits that will grow tax-deferred until a withdrawal is made. Contributions to a Traditional IRA may be tax-deductible depending on your particular situation.*
- Low $500 minimum balance required to open an IRA
- Tax-deductible contributions (depending on income levels)
- May be used for first time home purchase or education*
- Catch up contributions may be made for certain individuals*
- Withdrawls begin at age 59 1/2 and are mandatory by 70 1/2
- Available to everyone; no income restrictions
A Roth IRA allows you to invest money by making non-deductible after-tax contributions that grow tax-deferred. The key difference between a Roth IRA and a Traditional IRA is that, in a Roth IRA, money is not taxed when withdrawn for qualified distributions and there is no age limit on making contributions.
- Both savings and certificates accounts are available
- May be used for higher education, penalty free**
- Contributions in a Roth IRA have already been taxed
- Contributions are not tax-deductable
- There is no 70½ age limit on making contributions
- Certain income levels apply*
*Consult your tax advisor for information.